Saturday, July 21, 2012

Scandilicious Baking

Scandilicious-Baking-low-res

Scandilicious baking by Signe Johansen arrived last Monday when I was not feeling my best, to say the least. My friend Kuka and I had pre-ordered it months ago, so to have it show up and brighten my sick day was absolutely perfect. I had to satisfy myself with pouring over the recipes until Friday when I finally felt well enough to give one a try...but where to start?

The book is packed full of breads, cakes, buns, tarts, biscuits and even some savoury treats, such as Crayfish filo bites. But I couldn't go past a good old dose of Scandinavian spice and decided on the Cinnamon bun-cake.

  IMGP2056 

OMG! I haven't been so excited about baking in a long time. This was a taste-sensation...and really easy and quick. The house smelled amazing, and I swear it made my cough better.

IMGP2097

IMGP2089

I'm pretty certain I will end up making everything in this book...and I've never done that before! This book is a breath of fresh baking air to me. Spicy, fruity, intoxicating baking air.

Next on my to-bake list are:
  • Toscakaka - caramel almond-topped sponge
  • Chocolate and orange marmalade loaf cake
  • Musli bread (packed full of Scandi fruit and nut goodness)
  • Santa Lucia sour cherry and saffron buns

...and the ultimate Australian test Pistachio pavlova with boozy cherries, which is cooling in the oven right now as a birthday desert for Mr Hausfrau.  I'll let you know how it goes.  

Signe is gracious enough to acknowledge Australia as the home of pavlova in the book - so I love her even more now...and by the way she has no idea I'm writing about her book.

If you're interested she has another book Scandilicious, Secrets of Scandinavian Cooking.

I'm off to order it tonight! 
suzy xoxo



3 comments:

  1. Brilliant name for a book & looks DELICIOUS!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds absolutely delicious. Toscakaka sounds pretty out of this world too. Might have to put that book on my list too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this book at Kinokuniya on the weekend and very nearly bought it. Looks so good. All my kind of food.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog...I especially love it when I get comments. Have a great day, suzy xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...